Tuesday 5 February 2008

Harper's billion dollar present gets fast tracked

Back here I surmised that Harper may have miscalculated with his bundling of the billion dollar industry aid package into the next budget. Harper obviously values my opinion, because he changed his mind and put it to a vote today, passing without any debate.

"I'm about to say something which I rarely say: I congratulate Prime Minister Harper," Premier Dalton McGuinty said Tuesday. (cbc)

If I'm counting properly, that's twice this year that the parties came together to make something happen. I'm getting all warm and fuzzy just thinking about it! It's so nice to see the leaders getting along and .. uh .. well almost getting along:
Although the bill passed without debate, MPs launched into a heated discussion about its merits soon after the vote ended. As House Speaker Peter Milliken repeatedly called for order, opposition parties argued the bill offered too little.
Oh well. A step in the right direction at least. What's up next? Afghanistan? Oh shit...

No comments:

 
/* Google Tracker Code