Friday 28 September 2007

Doer and McGuinty: Seperated at birth?

I am not a keen observer of Ontario Politics, but I have noticed a couple of recent parallels between what has been happening over there in the Center Of The Universe and over here in the Geographical Center Of Canada.

For example: Doer's "hand's off" approach to the illegal roadblock by the Hollow Water First Nation has the appearance of a mini-Caledonia. It may be a little early to draw that comparison, but the Doer administration is certainly heading in that direction with their "ain't my job" attitude.

Also, I now see that Dalton McGuinty is taking a page from the Doer election playbook by accusing his opponent of being an evil incarnate of the previous Tory leader. It worked so well here, why not try it over there?

Anyhow, I know it's not conclusive evidence that Doer's and McGuinty's mothers cheated on their husbands with the same man, but I think I'll keep an eye on this one.

No comments:

 
/* Google Tracker Code