I was at the Sam & Judy show, Hydro building edition, this evening in downtown Winnipeg. Some thoughts:
- If you're a single guy then, dude, you should have been there. Lots of yummy girls, especially of the geeky/brainy variety. Oh sure they look all serious and unapproachable, but get a couple of drinks in them and look out!
- Speaking of which, if you had a shot for every time Sam said "Basically" you would be dead or having your organs transplanted right now
- Good job by the moderating tandem of Dan and Richard.
- Funniest part of the night: Bartley Kives getting up to the mike and asking Katz if he had seen a report that Bart himself showed Katz earlier. Katz denies everything.
Bart: Are you sure you haven't seen it?
Katz: I have never seen that report.
Bart: Are you sure? Nobody showed it to you or talked to you about what was in it?
Katz: No, I told you I have never seen it.
Bart (giving him one last chance): Are you suuuuure?
Katz: Again, no. My sources aren't as good as yours. I have never seen it.
Bart, returns to his seat shaking his head.
- Judy's strongest issue by far: rapid transit. No surprise there. The more Sam talks about rapid transit, the more I don't understand what the fuck he's doing.
- Judy sees herself as a short, female, non-gay (?) version of Glen Murray
- Katz "basically" has already done or started doing everything that you could possibly ask for, and if you don't realize that then you haven't been paying attention.
- Judy doesn't have any actual vision. Mostly just vague notions of building consensus and forming committees. Yay.
- I am pretty sure that Kathy Kennedy is a smoker. Definitely a voice for singing blues.